So I thought I would be a nice friend and update all of you who are probably clicking on Karen's Travels in your "My Favorites" 13 times a day to see if she's posted YET!
During the last few weeks, Karen has been having LOTS of fun! Mostly because she has great friends to hang out with (me, Shana, being one of them!) So, here are a few things that have kept her "OH SO" occupied during the last 2 weeks!
1. The weekend after her last post, Karen had spent a weekend with her friends Nick and Mel! They stayed over for the weekend where her friends were great hosts!! They had lots of fun shopping and merry-making and relaxed together!
2. The new school year has also started for Karen! She got the new 7th graders, which, well, basically know NO english since they come from our elementary schools where they don't really learn much! Karen enjoys her girl students and even made a new friend today with a student who 'wanted to talk' to improve her english! Now THAT's what I call a dedicated teacher! Pat on the back for Karen teacher!
3. Karen also enjoyed a relaxing night out in our dong holding a Korean baby (making her envy ALL of Korean mothers out there) and watching the movie 'Juno' which made her shed QUITE a few tears! I heard her sniffling from all the way across the theater! (well, we were only separated by a few people, but still!)
4. THEN, as if that wasn't exciting enough! Karen had a great night out with the girls with a night of Noraebang where all Celine Dion songs were sung! This was of course, in preparation for the Celine Dion concert coming up in less than a week!!

5. Saturday, Karen enjoyed some fun old times with her friend Katy in Yongsan! Spring had finally arrived and they enjoyed some time out in the sunshine! Later on, their AWESOME friend Shana, (that's me!) treated them to a homemade stir fry, cheese and crackers and wine!! It was quite the tasty treat for all of them since they don't get to eat real cheese so often!

6. Today, Karen is sporting a sore back... In her words "My back feels like it's going to fall off my body!" I blame Korean beds... They've been horrible on all of our bodies! She accompanied Katy and I as we went off to meet Julia, a new foreigner in Korea! This was the highlight of Karen's day since she was able to dine at her favorite restaurant, the Chinese place she is so fond of!
So that is all for Karen's update! I know there has been many more adventures she could have told you about and in much more detail, but as I said earlier, she is VERY busy... I on the other hand, OBVIOUSLY have too much time on my hands! :S
So long!
3 comments:
Hey Shana! Thanks for being such a wonderful friend and filling everyone in on what Karen has been up to. Karen just may be worried about keeping up with your story telling abilities b/c she tells us to read you blog b/c you write so well. Tell our busy daughter we love her! Mom & Dad
Yep - Karen you have great friends! I have been checking your blog almost daily to see what's up -- so new information was great! (Mary L97)
hahaha, no problem Karen's Mom & Dad!
Post a Comment